Thursday 14 June 2007

Quick update before I head off to bed. Well it's good and bad news in my little garden today. Good news is it's been raining all day, which can only be a good thing! Also most of my courgette plants are still going strong. I say most, as a few have been succumbed to some beastie or other (I suspect slug) taking one or five bites out of a few of the seedlings. I've put a net over the plants and plan to put pots of beer out tomorrow if I get the time.

Also my little tomato plant has become infested with fruit flies that have migrated over from the compost bin. I am loathed to do it, but they will need a spray tomorrow and probably later in the week too to try to keep the numbers down. I just hope it doesn't affect the tomatoes too much. I have yet to dig another plot for the lettuce, partly due to lack of time and also I didn't fancy trying to shift clay in the rain! Project for a drier/sunny day I think.

No comments: