Monday 18 June 2007

Blooming Heck!

Ok so we've had many days of rain, some thunder, some more rain and even a bit of sunshine! As you can see this has had the wonderous effect of making all the flowers that were very small to suddenly erupt and reach for the sky! I have netted and eggshelled my courgette plants as something keeps eating their leaves but I'm not sure what. The little pot full of water was supposed to contain beer to drown any rouge slugs, but the heavens opened before I had a chance to fill it.

My little tomato plant is still alive and the fruit fly invasion appears to have subsided on it's own. However the tomatoes don't appear to be ripening and are staying green. I'm hoping all it needs is more sunlight and some food, which I can do tonight or tomorrow.

Also the seeds in my greenhouse have started to come up, I now have little spinach, spring onion and carrot seedlings to go with my radishes, lavender seedlings and strawberry plant!

No comments: